Date(s) - 6 Apr 2014
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Pippy Park Headquarters, St. John's NL
Tap-Able Trees Free Workshop
With the Friends of Pippy Park
Come join us and celebrate the first harvest: Maple Syrup!
Sunday April 6th 2014
Meet at Pippy Park Headquarters, Mount Scio Road
1pm to 3pm
You and your family will learn:
- To identify tap-able trees in Pippy Park;
- When a tree is ready to tap;
- What materials you will need;
- How to tap a tree sustainably. (If you tap please cap!); and
- How to turn sap to syrup.
Hot chocolate and warm beverages will be available and by the end of the workshop everyone can taste-test the product that’s found in 50.1% of St. John’s trees!
This FREE workshop is brought to you by The Friends of Pippy Park. Please consider supporting initiatives like these with an annual family membership for $20.
For more information contact The Friends of Pippy Park at